We welcome children at the practice. Children are encouraged to attend the practice from a young age so that they become comfortable and happy in the surroundings.
It is important that we avoid or treat any problems with baby teeth as these can lead to difficulties with permanent teeth.
We promote healthy eating habits and give advice to parents and children to help prevent problems occurring.
Fluoride treatments and fissure sealants are carried out if appropriate to help protect and strengthen teeth.
Dental Check by One
Tudor House Dental is taking part in the Dental Check by One (DCby1) scheme to improve children's dental health. We welcome children under three to the practice and encourage check-ups in children under one so that we can begin dental disease prevention from the very start.
Information for parents from the Dental Check by One scheme
All children should be seen by a dentist as soon as their first teeth come through and by their first birthday.
The key purpose is to deliver key prevention messages and begin a positive life-long relationship with NHS Dentistry.
- Breast feeding provides the best nutrition for babies.
- From six months of age infants should be introduced to drinking from a free-flow cup.
- From age one year feeding from a bottle should be discouraged.
- As soon as teeth erupt in the mouth brush them twice daily with a fluoridated toothpaste.
- Brush last thing at night and on one other occasion.
- Use fluoridated toothpaste containing no less than 1,000 ppm fluoride.
- It is good practice to use only a smear of toothpaste.
- Parents/carers should brush or supervise toothbrushing.
- The frequency and amount of sugary food and drinks should be reduced.
- Sugar should not be added to weaning foods or drinks.
- Sugar-free medicines are recommended.
Please get in touch if you would like more information about caring for your child's teeth and to book an appointment at our practice in Ashtead.